Terms & Conditions
2. Terms and Conditions
- SIA is an international competition and participants from any country could apply.
- Competition is open to all the Design, Engineering & Architectural students who are either studying or have graduated in/after the year 2010.
- Shortlisted participants will have to provide student or graduation certificate, failing to which the entry will be discarded.
- JSL reserves the right to refuse entry of products that do not comply with all applicable entry criteria. This decision is at the sole discretion of JSL and no correspondence will be made in this regard.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All submission material and accompanying documentation must be clearly written in the English language.
- JSL will not accept responsibility for any entries lost or delayed in transmission. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- The concepts and accompanying documentation including images must be made available for use by JSL for the ongoing promotion of design. Please note that images might be supplied to JSL media for publication to further promote the entry and SIA.
- Entries should be original concepts of participants. The applicants shall make sure that they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted Entries, JSL will not be responsible for any third party IPR. The participants have the right to submit the Entries in the competition and grant all required licenses.
- Each Participant agrees not to submit any Entry that (1) infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligations; or (2) otherwise violates applicable Indian law.
- Each Participant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified JSL Ltd at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the Participant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein.
- Each Participant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless JSL Ltd, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal costs) arising out of or accruing from:
- Any material uploaded or otherwise provided by the Participant that infringes any intellectual property rights of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy.
- Any misrepresentation made by the Participant in connection with the Competition
- Any non-compliance by the Participant with these Rules; and
- Claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to the Participant's involvement with the Competition
- It shall not be assumed that there shall be no deviation or change in any of the herein mentioned information. While this document has been prepared in good faith, neither JSL nor any of their respective officers or employees or advisors or agents make any representation or warranty or shall have any responsibility or liability whatsoever in respect of any statements or omissions here from. Any liability is accordingly expressly disclaimed by JSL or any of their respective officers, employees, advisors or agents, whether negligent or otherwise
- JSL accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by a participant as a result of entering the competition or accepting the prize.
- JSL further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to the entrant or any other person relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the competition.
- All the concepts will become property of JSL and will have rights to publish, manufacture and sale the concepts.
- JSL will give due credit to designer if it wishes to sell the products.
- By submitting an application to the SIA, the applicant is agreeing to the above mentioned terms and conditions of entry.
- JSL reserves the sole right to change or modify these policies, guidelines at any point of time, without any prior notification.